What you’ll hear:
- The epiphany Cliff had TWICE about his career that launched him in the direction of his career as an arranger
- The bold way he learned the ins-and-outs of the commercial music business
- Why you SHOULD NOT do what he did if you are interested in arranging for commercial music
- How the commercial music business has changed
- Two things you should do (and one thing you should NOT do) if you are thinking of diversifying the genres you play
Mentioned on the episode:
CONTACT CLIFF with any questions. He is happy to get your messages:
Cliff's arranging projects mentioned in the episode:
David Bloom & Cliff Colnot CD: Contender: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/contender/1300774452
Ellington tribute CD with Daniel Barenboim:
For the CSO ensemble Civitas: http://www.civitasensemble.org/
Use the link above to get 10% off your order!
Check out the new revolutionary tuner app DRONE TUNER on iOS. Available NOW for iPhone and iPad. Tune to REAL recorded instrument tones instead of machine-like sounds to work on intonation, sound concept and blend. The visual component of this tuner is also incredible, with a super-fast reaction time, it allows you to tune while playing a musical passage or using vibrato. It even allows you to tune chords!