What you'll hear:
- The conundrum Jeffrey found himself in when he started his new job as a horn teacher in a university, and how he solved it
- The story behind his unique way of teaching the horn
- What improvisation REALLY is… this was my favorite description of it I’ve ever heard
- An amazing distinction between playing and listening…
- A toxic part of the teaching paradigm, something I believed until now!
- Instead of fearing improvisation as a student… what if we demanded it be part of the curriculum? We discuss.
- The BIG difference in his students that have been improvising every day now compared to the ones who haven’t - this one is so powerful.
- What his goal is as a teacher - you simply have to hear this.
For more information on Jeffrey and to purchase his books:
To purchase on Amazon: https://amzn.to/33DwZj0
I want to thank Ficks Music for sponsoring Crushing Classical. When you’re looking for high quality sheet music, look no further than FICKS!
Use the link above to get 10% off your first order!
SIGN UP for the Crushing Classical mailing list and never miss a beat! I'll only send podcast and Crushing Classical news, never spam, and I would NEVER share your email.
Sign up now and receive the free PDF download, Three Ways Becoming Visible Can Revolutionize Your Music Career: