Today on the show I have Aubrey Bergauer, Executive Director of the California Symphony. What you'll hear:
- Allowing concert goers to use their PHONES ON SILENT… the reaction from people inside the orchestra business and how people handle it in real life
- The shocking marketing figure about social media… and what orchestras are MISSING when it comes to marketing. This one surprised me!
- The phenomenon true for all humans that is extremely detrimental to arts organizations - and what to do about it
- The surprising discoveries she found from a UNIQUE survey she conducted and the changes she made because of it
- Orchestras: The problem you think you have (we need to build a new/younger audience) is not your actual problem. What it really is and what to do about it
- And SO much more - this is a must-listen for all musicians, orchestra managements, festivals and opera companies who care about the future of classical music and the success of their own institutions!
Book recommendation: The Marketing Rebellion by Mark Schaefer
Southwest Magazine article about Aubrey:https://www.southwestmag.com/aubrey-bergauer/
Aubrey’s blog on Medium.com: https://medium.com/@AubreyBergauer
California Symphony website and social media pages: https://www.californiasymphony.org/
I want to thank Ficks Music for sponsoring Crushing Classical. When you’re looking for high quality sheet music, look no further than FICKS!
Use the link above to get 10% off your first order!