What you'll hear:
- The importance of being proactive and speaking up for what you want in your career - no matter what your age.
- The value of going for a career in your youth - and not believing or listening to that “you’re too young”
- The value of *mentorship* and having a mentor you trust in the professional field you aim for guiding you in your next career move
- The mindset about success that Mike thinks everyone should drop like a hot potato
- There’s being in the right place - and PUTTING yourself in the right place - Mike goes into this distinction
- The value of a mentor who *isn’t* another musician
- Why it’s never too early to give back to people even if you’re just starting out
- New music - the expectation you need to drop if you’re ever going to give new music a chance (I had to hear this one for myself!)
Use the link above to get 10% off your order!
Mentioned on the show:
The New York Youth Symphony:
The Northern Neck Symphony Orchestra:
Michael's mentor, Conductor Marin Alsop: